Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Glamour Birchbox July 2012

Many of you have already received your July Glamour Birchboxes, so I will just do a quick little review of mine. After seeing the preview video I was really excited for the potential products I could be receiving this month. Though I really wanted the liquid eyeliner, and did not get it, I ended up really liking my box :)

 
My July Birchbox


The packaging this month was teal blue, and lime green which are two of my best favorite colors. The variety of the products included made me very happy as well. Here's what I got:


  Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Blue-Ming:
I had to start with this little blue beauty! I love me some nail polish so was thrilled to see this light mint blue bottle in my Birchbox!! Blue is my favorite color by far, and I do not have a light blue like this. I currently have Julep all over my nails and toenails, but really look forward to trying this polish out :)

Manna Kadar sheer glo shimmer lotion:
This small bottle of lotion is supposed to add a "supermodel-like sheen to skin". It can be mixed with foundation or used as a highlighter. The bottle is so full it was spilling out a bit when I tried to open the strange upside-down cap. The liquid is veryyy shimmery so it should last a long time which is nice. I only had to put a tiny bit on to see the color. I will keep you posted (no pun intended) on how I like this over the course of the week.
Uber Larabar in Roaster Nut Roll flavor: YUM!! I really liked this lifestyle extra even though a lot of people don't like getting food in their box. I am a fan of food for sure though so do not mind samples like this as long as there are other beauty samples in the box as well. I was expecting a mediocre tasting health bar since the nutritious values are stressed with this snack, but it actually tasted really good. I would buy these again if they were cheaper haha.

Suki Balancing Kit: 
Although these are small foil packets, I was happy to get this sample. I have been looking for something to clear up my disgusting blackheads, and Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser has rave reviews all over the internet. I have been saving up my Birchbox points for the full size product which costs $32 I believe. With these samples I will be able to see if I really want to purchase the full size plus try out the Concentrated Balancing Toner, Balancing Day Lotion, Pure Facial Moisturizer, and the Transforming Cleansing Clay as well :) ::fingers crossed:: for good results.


Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds: I loved the blue color of these earbuds, and the fact that they do not hurt my ears like all my other headphones do.
 Gloss Moderne High Gloss Masque: This product is to be used on hair after showering. You leave it in your hair for a few minutes and then rinse it out to "restore bounce and shine to hair". It smells delicious and is a nice sized full tub- I was trying to figure out what the scent is, but my sister said coconuts. I will have to try this out tomorrow :)

Harvey Prince Eau Flirt: This little bottle almost spilled all over since it's not a spray cap, but smells decent. I did not know what to expect as it's described as a "fanciful scent of layers of fresh citrus, and jasmine notes over a base of lavendar and pumpkin". I love pumpkin, but as a perfume...yeah, I just didn't know what to think about that. It seems to smell more flowery though, so I will see what my boyfriend thinks of it before full blown wearing it.

I have to say I like July's box even more than June's. I hope this is the case every month ;) If you are interested in joining Birchbox you can sign up here https://www.birchbox.com?raf=2zl7x
Hope you enjoyed this little post, and your birchboxes if you're a member!! 
Color Club Blue-Ming on nails- It is a little darker in real life. A very light teal/ mint blueish green. I LOVE this color!!




No comments:

Post a Comment